Lead Project Planner
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Lead Project Planner
Location: Barrow - We also offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: £43,373+ depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating and managing business-level integrated master schedule through close working with individual project and programme teams
- Identifying, managing and reporting status of key cross-programme dependencies
- Interfacing with business resource planning and capacity planning teams to ensure the integrated master schedule incorporates consolidated view of business capacity
- Developing the portfolio integration capability through implementation of improvements to processes and toolsets
- Supporting, mentoring and coaching junior or less experienced team members
Your skills and experiences:
- Project integration/Project Planning experience in a complex environment
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Ability to manage new challenges
- Experience of leading a team would be beneficial
- Knowledge of planning toolsets, such a Primavera P6 or equivalent
- Project management qualification (e.g. APM or Prince2)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Project team:
The team are responsible for integrating project and programme schedules to create a consolidated Integrated Master Schedule covering the full breadth of the Submarines business. You will also play a role in supporting programme teams to ensure schedules are achievable and reflect business capacity.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.