AWS Cloud Architect
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: AWS Cloud Architect
Location: Any UK BAE Systems sites considered, with occasional site presence. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: Up to £72,000 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the Product Owner in the definition of sprints and user stories
- Defining and documenting AWS architecture
- Running architectural reviews of the platform at appropriate intervals to take best advantage of vendor technologies
- Pro-actively defining, optimising, automating, publishing and communicating deployment patterns, for business and centrally managed environments
- Maintaining AWS platform risk logs
- Supporting engineering teams in optimising the platform
- Acting as an escalation point for engineering teams in troubleshooting and incident management
- Driving the adoption of automation in the platform, using common methods with other platforms
Your essential skills and experiences:
- Experience in AWS and solving complex business issues, being regarded as subject matter expert in all areas of AWS
- Enterprise architecture/cloud platform architecture experience with AWS, defining cloud reference architectures and patterns in large multi-account AWS estates
- Experience with all IaaS and PaaS areas within AWS technology stack, and application to solve business problems
- Experience with various DevOps tools and CI/CD tools like Git, BitBucket, Jenkins etc
- Experience in AWS Security services and Network Services
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The AWS Product team:
The team manage the Digital Intelligence AWS infrastructure, which enables our globally distributed software engineers to deliver solutions from our product portfolio. Being responsible for delivering both self-managed environments and managed fabric services, ensuring that the platform is continually developed to meet the evolving needs of the business and capabilities of the platform. We primarily follow an Infrastructure-as-Code deployment model and Agile delivery processes, and operational management.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.