Principal Engineer - Product Verification
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Principal Engineer - Product Verification
Location: Barrow-in-Furness (hybrid). We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing assurance to office of chief engineer. (Effectively the bloodhounds to the chief engineer)
- Independent Inspection iaw Def Stan 05-61 Pt 9 and Contractual arrangements for Dreadnought
- Substantiating that the product is safe at various stages during procurement and build, including commissioning and delivery
- Ensuring build and design intent conformity through verification activities, at whole boat level
- Attending inspection events and participating in test groups with commissioning ensuring accountability
- Assisting in the conduct of design and safety classification configuration checks
- Assisting in setting up product verification plans, including procurement related activities
- Supporting activities requiring input and support as part of configuration checks
- Supporting the Alliance Joint Product Verification Working Groups
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree qualified in engineering related discipline or HND with demonstrable experience within complex Systems
- Proven experience in Product Verification or Quality Assurance activities and product build assurance
- Proven technical experience in safety assessments of design, evidence capture and risk analysis
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Product Verification team:
As a Principal Engineer, you will work with a team of 8 people who are responsible for ensuring design intent and safety requirements are met across the submarine. This role will provide you with the opportunity to be involved with a 35-year, complex, cutting-edge projects, with the chance to work across the whole boat. You will also gain exposure to an extensive range of stakeholder groups and industrial partners
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.