Lead Project Professional - Integrated Combat Systems
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Lead Project Professional – Integrated Combat Systems
Location: Frimley, can also report to other sites in England. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Delivering defined work packages
- Managing defined product work packages
- Resource management
- Task management and resource management
- Budgetary control and reporting against scope of work, forecasting and milestones
- Time and schedule cost management
Your skills and experiences:
- Project Management experience
- Experience of managing a small team
- Experience of working with schedule plans
- Good written and verbal communication skills to enable you to work with a range of stakeholders within a multidiscipline defence supplier environment
- Self-motivated, with a desire to learn and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances while having an enthusiasm for problem-solving
- Experience with budgeting and lifecycle management
- Project resource management
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Integrated Combat Systems (ICS) Astute team:
Exciting opportunity to be part of the BAE submarine Astute programme delivering future capability for the Royal Navy. Joining a multi-discipline combat systems team responsible for design, manufacture and delivery of the combat systems in the astute build programme. ICS lead a team across different disciplines of PM, Engineering, Supply Chain functions to deliver the batch 2 Astute Class programme.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.