Principal Mechanical Engineer - HVAC
BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Principal Mechanical Engineer
Location: Scotstoun, Glasgow
Salary: Up to £52,371, depending on qualifications and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead an HVAC systems design and integration team; have line management responsibility for the team, develop plans and assist in managing costs & budgets
- Assist in managing a design partner
- Work within the BAE Systems Naval Ships integration processes to mature the design and integration of HVAC systems in line with the schedule
- Act as a point of contact with customers and design partner in assigned areas on engineering matters, to resolve relatively complex problems and to maintain awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives
- Manage delivery of allocated technical outputs within agreed cost, quality, time, and schedule objectives.
- Oversee or manage the product change process
- Provide specialist technical input and advice on HVAC design and integration matters.
- Develop the capability of the team
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree qualified in a mechanical, marine or building service-related discipline or equivalent by experience.
- Experience in design and integration of complex systems, with marine and HVAC specific knowledge looked upon favourably
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The HVAC team:
All systems GO! Driver the next generation of defence capability delivery.
Ongoing career development and the opportunity to contribute to the delivery of the worlds most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigate.
In the HVAC team, you will be responsible for the design and integration of a set of HVAC systems within a naval vessel following BAE Systems’ design and integration processes.
You will be managing, supporting and reviewing the outputs of a design partner undertaking HVAC system design, and managing the product change process as it applies to the HVAC systems.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.