Senior Project Controller
BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Senior Project Controller
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £42,000 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Collating programme performance metrics from various data sources to report against cost, schedule, milestone delivery and other KPIs and may support the facilitation / chairing of meetings
- Trend analysis of programme KPIs and deep dive activity to enrich programme performance information
- Presenting programme performance data and analysis to the Project Manager or Control Account Manager, advising root cause analysis and recommend actions to correct programme performance issues
- Providing support to the Project Manager / Control Account Managers to manage cost, schedule and quality with associated data and metrics where required, as well as support to resolve emergent project issues and mitigate risk.
- process on projects, including reviewing contingencies where required
- They may deputise for the Project Controls Manager or Lead Project Controller
Your skills and experiences:
- Excellent understanding of Project Controls processes including Project Reporting, EVM, Cost Management, Quantity Surveying, Scheduling, Risk & Opportunity Management and Baseline Change Management
- Experience in using Project Controls toolsets for reporting such as Tableau
- Ability to interpret and analyse multiple data sources of management information and present to senior stakeholders with recommendations
- Experience in problem solving including root cause analysis to support effective programme issue resolution
- Experience in Project Controller / Cost Engineer / Quantity Surveyor role within a complex engineering / manufacturing environment
- Experience of coaching others in project controls methodologies
- APM-Q or relevant degree qualification
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Project Controller team:
Working one of our Naval Ships programmes (e.g. Type 26, Hunter Class Frigate Programme, and Canadian Surface Combatant Programme) as part of the Project Controls team, you will be supporting the Control Account Manager (CAM) and Project Manager. This role sits within a team that includes 2-3 other Project Controllers and will share support tasks with other members of the team which in turn provides variety to the role.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.