BAE Systems UK
Location: Tyne and Wear
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Maintenance Electrician
Location: Washington - Tyne & Wear
What you’ll be doing:
- Site maintenance & installation activities.
- Minor/major repairs.
- Breakdown response & diagnostics to resolve manufacturing equipment issues.
- Supporting contractors during technical works.
- Attending site operational meetings as required.
- Executing work orders.
- Updating work order details and maintaining the asset database.
- Producing of parts lists and material requests associated with repair and maintenance activities.
Your skills and experiences:
- Time served Electrician (HNC/HND)
- 17th/18th Edition Wiring Regulation Qualification
- Experience in working in blue-chip industries with time pressure & performance metrics
- Work at height & MEWP license
- Confided space trained
- CNC machines experience
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Maintenance team:
This role will report to the Maintenance Supervisors and line management across a 24/5 shift pattern at site, executing a wide range of planned and reactive activities that protect the Washington munitions site and ensure capability for manufacturing teams to perform their duties.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.