Senior Technical Management Engineer 1
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Technical Management Engineer
Salary: £45,326 - £49,834
What you’ll be doing:
- Defining Requirements with the customer/stakeholders
- Coordinating, Managing and Maintaining contractual requirements within the IBM DOORS toolset
- Liaising with Stakeholders to ensure that requirements are understood, accurate and agreed
- Ensuring the management of requirements in the most cost-effective manner
- Providing guidance on the use of the requirements management tool to project staff as required
- Ensuring data and metrics are updated and available to support various internal meetings, technical reviews and presentations
- Providing ongoing support to improvement activities
Your skills and experiences:
- Proven educational background within a relevant STEM subject at HNC/HND level or above
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven ability to operate independently as part of a small highly focused team, providing support to the other team members and leveraging support from the wider business, when appropriate
- Can demonstrate excellent stakeholder engagement skills to both internal and external customers (globally)
- A good depth of understanding of Systems Engineering
- Sound understanding of Safety, Quality and Configuration Management principles
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Requirements Management team:
As a Senior Technical Management Engineer, you will be working within the Requirements Management area of the team, managing requirements through the life cycle for the product. You will also be required to support to the Weapon System Engineering Qualification and Certification team when required.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.