Principal Quality Engineer – Field Product Assurance II
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Principal Quality Engineer – Field Engineer
Location: Barrow-in-Furness (Hybrid)
What you’ll be doing:
- Taking accountability for the Quality Assurance and verification requirements of documentation and hardware of procured parts at the supplier's sites both UK and overseas (you will be eligible for an essential user car due to the extensive travel requirements of the role)
- Witness inspections
- Witness of factory acceptance testing
- Witness of Pressure testing
- Final documentation review
- Ensuring that high quality records are produced as an output of the production processes and inspections
Your skills and experiences:
- Full UK Driving licence (car will be provided)
- Good IT skills
- Broad Understanding of Quality tools & techniques
- Electrical / Mechanical trade background
- HNC qualified (or equivalent qualification/experience) within engineering/quality
- NDE Experience
- Lead auditor qualified (LRQA)
- Knowledge of Business Systems (SAP and Team Centre)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Principal Quality Engineer – Field Engineer team:
As a Principal Quality Engineer – Field Engineer, you will be involved with one of the UK’s most complex, cutting-edge projects. You will also gain exposure to an extensive range of stakeholder groups and industrial partners.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.