Senior Network Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Network Engineer
Location: HMS Collingwood – based at Broad Oak Portsmouth
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: up to £58,600 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintain and mature the detailed technical design
- Implementation of the network aspects of Naval Networks architecture
- Lead and support the testing of Network Releases
- Lead and support for platform activities and other integration activities
- Lead other team members to support upgrades, reconfiguration and fault finding
- Lead and support ship integration and qualification testing
Your skills and experiences:
- CISCO accreditation to CCNA level and/or Juniper JNCIA
- Degree or HNC/HND qualified, likely to be in a technology, engineering or science related discipline or time served equivalent
- Cleared to SC level (or ability to achieve this) and for ITAR material access
- Meet the requirements for registration as Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council and preferably be a member of a relevant Professional body
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Internal Network Electronics (INE) team:
The INE Team consists of multidisciplinary engineering personnel who provide maintenance and support to the Queen Elizabeth Class Aircraft Carrier, the UK Flagship.
There will be opportunities to develop complementary skills working within this multidisciplinary team along with full support and encouragement to train towards Networking Industry Certifications and onwards to Professional Registration.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.