Project Engineer - Mechanical
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Project Engineer - Mechanical
Location: Portsmouth BroadOak, we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £49,700 dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Monitoring, co-ordinating and reviewing queries raised during the execution of manufacturing requirements and liaise with internal resource and customers to ensure appropriate and timely resolution
- Investigating and coordinating the resolution of technical manufacturing issues
- Developing plans and monitoring, both financial and physical progress, against these plans
- Reviewing customer purchase order requirements for acceptability and loading into SAP MRP System
- Undertaking monthly financial review of projects and presenting in line with Monthly Project Performance review requirements
- Regular use of SAP MRP system and other Business tools to aid the management of projects, design changes, bidding and reporting
Your skills and experiences:
- Project Management working experience in an Engineering or Manufacturing environment
- Ability to work cross functionally and liaise with stakeholders at various levels
- Recognised Project Management qualification
- Experience of working with an MRP System
- Understanding of export control
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Manufacturing Project Management Team:
Our experienced project managers and engineers work together in a small, tight-knit team. You will be working on a variety of Electromechanical Manufacturing programmes as well as legacy hardware support, with the possibility to advance in your career within the BAE Systems business and the larger team.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.