BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £53,000 depending on skills and experiences
What you’ll be doing:
▪ Work with suppliers to define and manage project plans which will achieve the project goals and consequent business outcomes
▪ Ensure project delivery adheres to LCM (Life Cycle Management) governance and assurance criteria
▪ Manage project costs and resources against agreed budgets, taking appropriate action for any overspends and providing accurate forecasts to project completion
▪ Collaborate with PMO on knowledge transfer, lessons learned and simplification of project management processes, as appropriate, and as part of ongoing continuous improvement
Your skills and experiences:
▪ Proven experience of successfully delivering projects of size (£500k plus) and some complexity
▪ Proficient understanding of project lifecycle management
▪ Experience of working within an environment with mature and established governance practices and processes
▪ Proven experience of both waterfall and agile project delivery methodologies
▪ Experience of successfully managing 3rd parties as part of delivery
▪ Can demonstrate a track record of delivering business outcomes as part of project delivery
▪ Educated to degree level preferably in related discipline
▪ Formal Project Management training, preferably PRINCE2 Practitioner or APM (PMDY)
▪ Preference for ITIL
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The EITS team:
Within the project team, you will deliver business and enterprise IT Projects to cost, timescale, quality, and customer satisfaction, into the UK’s Leading Defence Companies.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation