Apprentice %26 Skills Development Coach - Welding/Caulking
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Apprentice & Skills Development Coach (Welding/Caulking)
Location: Barrow-in-Furness – Onsite
What you’ll be doing:
- Assessing and monitoring learner progress & performance in line with frameworks and legislative requirements
- Delivering outstanding teaching, learning and assessment practices that engage and inspire learners
- Developing learners through designing and delivering learning content as part of the blended learning
- Effective recording and reporting of performance data
- Providing and monitoring the effective safeguarding, SHE, welfare and support arrangements for learners whilst on Early Careers & Skills programmes
- Assisting in the recruitment and selection of learners
Your skills and experiences:
- Skilled engineering professional with Welding/Caulking background
- Completed an apprenticeship or equivalent in Welding/Caulking
- L3 Qualification in Welding/Caulking
- Experience coaching and developing learners through progress reviews, welfare support and careers guidance
- Proven experience recording and reporting of performance data
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Early Careers team:
The team manage and deliver quality early careers and skills programmes for our UK businesses, including apprenticeships, graduate programmes, education partnerships and craft skills training. With an Outstanding Ofsted Grade 1 in England and Skills Development Excellence in Scotland and BAE Systems investing record amounts in early careers, this is a key time of growth across the UK delivering apprenticeships.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.