Group Leader - Estimator / Cost Analyst
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Group Leader – Estimator / Cost Analyst
Location: Warton / Samlesbury - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
What you’ll be doing:
Understanding and developing appropriate Cost Analysis and Costing / Pricing Strategies and Plans including:
- Analysing historical cost, programme, performance, and technical data
- Coordinating the generation of new cost estimates and costing / pricing models to inform the business
- Coordination of cost and pricing activities across the business to ensure all aspects of the programme and associated risks are fully costed and considered
- Effective communication with the wider organisation and presentation of Plans, Strategies, Analysis and Pricing to senior members of the business
- Developing analysis/modelling toolsets to best practices standards, including selection and use of the best choice of tool/technique for particular contexts
- “What if” and “should cost” scenario modelling
- Lead / support price negotiations and customer audits
- Managing individuals / small teams to deliver results
Your skills and experiences:
- Currently operating within or has relevant operational/business experience in cost analysis, planning, forecasting or business modelling / analysis
- Advanced MS Excel skills to be utilised in modelling and analysis that support identification of business issues and subsequent recommendations
- Ability to manage individuals / small teams effectively
- Have experience in the use of data analysis / visualisation tools eg POWER BI, TABLEAU
- Ideally educated to a degree standard e.g. Maths, Statistics, Business, Engineering or equivalent proven experience
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The E&I Costing Centre team:
Our team of Senior Cost Analysts are responsible for the generation of cost estimates, price proposals, data analysis and value modelling to help grow the Air Business sector through data-driven decision making and intelligent business planning.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.