Electronics Design Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Electronics Design Engineer
Location: Great Baddow, Broad Oak & Cowes. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
Salary: Up to £57,810 dependant on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
The role holder will undertake some or all of the following tasks:
- Detailed electronic circuit design including component selection, evaluation, simulation, schematic capture, and liaising with PCB design team
- Specification of bespoke procured hardware
- Design verification using a combination of simulation, analysis, and test techniques, including support to EMC test houses and customer installation
- Generate design documentation and technical report
- Interfacing with related discipline
- Assisting the development of higher-level system design
- Assisting the development of technical requirement specification
- Supporting system integration activities
Your skills and experiences:
The role holder will have a degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering or strongly related subject, and have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Generating component level electronic designs for introduction into volume production.
- Digital design including processor interfacing, memory devices, PLD interfacing, UARTs, SPI, I2C, Ethernet etc.
- ADC/DAC devices and techniques
- Analogue design including op-amps, transistor-level design, control loops and low noise techniques.
- High power techniques.
- Design proving, integration, and defect resolution.
- Gathering of evidence to support acceptance, fitness for purpose, legislative requirements, and safety.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Electronics Design team:
As an Electronics Design Engineer, you will be responsible for electronic designs. The role will provide you with the opportunity to join various complex development projects. You will see the full lifecycle and contribute through all phases
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.