BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Detail Designer
Location: Scotstoun or Govan. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
Salary: £35,604 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Produce and develop designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out detail design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained.
- Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a team
- Perform self-verification of own tasks and undertake cross checking of other draughtspersons work as requested to ensure completeness and quality of information
- Act as a member of a technical team created to accomplish tasks of a specialist nature (e.g. Liaison Draughting team, best practice team).
- Answer Technical queries about his/her own work and that of subordinates within their level of knowledge and competency.
- Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working and their development.
- Operate within the functionality of the appropriate tools and techniques (e.g. Foran and CE) as directed by his/her supervisor
Your skills and experiences:
- Engineering or product design, or CAD design background, not industry specific
- Awareness of Quality Management
- Willingness to learn & develop their skill sets
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Engineering team:
To undertake a defined range of detail design activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, supplying advice and support to operations and other functions and ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.