Portfolio Manager (CAPEX Projects)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Portfolio Manager CAPEX Projects
Location: Glascoed, Monmouthshire. We also offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing professional Project Management across a CAPEX Projects
- Accountable for delivery of production line machinery installation projects included within their portfolio
- Monitoring and reporting project/programme performance for schedule, technical, financial, and quality objectives
- Establishing and maintaining strong customer and supplier relationships maintaining regular communications and managing expectations
- Support with management and leadership of the team
Your skills and experiences:
- Project Management experience, PM Qualification or working towards one
- Desirable to have experience working in a Process / Manufacturing Engineering environment
- CAPEX projects experience ideally related to the installation of production machinery
- Very strong communication and influencing skills. Comfortable with a range of stakeholders from various disciplines
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The CAPEX Project team:
The team manage projects that are critical to the delivery of the business and will involve product development, delivery, creation of new capabilities and service delivery. The business provide world class defence products to the UK MOD and international customers that are designed and engineered on site. You will play a leading role supporting current projects, developing bids and proposals for new projects whilst working closely with a range of stakeholders, both internally and at our customers in a dynamic and exciting environment. Great communication skills are essential plus the ability to lead a team and influence positive action across diverse teams are at the core of the role.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.