Inventory Forecasting %26 Planning Team Leader
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Planning Team Leader
Location: Samlesbury - willing to travel to the RAF Leeming site approximately 3-4 days a week
Salary: £52,084 +
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure the provision of demand analysis, forecasting, planning and optimisation of inventory through an effective and motivated team. Forecasting of parts usage to ensure the supply chain maintains appropriate levels of repairable and consumable assets to meet required performance levels, manage spend against budget and forecasting forward spend predictions, maintain and run Inventory Forecasting system(s) and reporting.
- Responsible for the day-to-day coordination and supervision of the Demand Management team in order to ensure all inventory/asset demands including generation, receipt, validation, prioritization, solution, process and progression achieve contractual requirements within timescales and budgets set. Ensure allocated resource has appropriate skills, is motivated and effective and at all times comply with SHE, Quality and other internal and external regulations.
Your skills and experiences:
- Regulatory Framework understanding and the ability to manage this framework structure into the Supply Chain processes and activities
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the platform contract(s) terms of reference for those Direct and Indirect aspects related to the headline KPIs.
- Demonstrate operational and commercial understanding of the fleet’s performance and business key performance metrics
- Able to manage the implementation of an efficient and cost-effective Supply Chain strategy.
- Provide direction, advice, and support to the Supply Chain team(s) on demand, forecasting & planning related issues.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Planning Team:
To lead a team, located across multiple sites, providing managing the areas of delivery of supply chain activities including generation, receipt, validation, prioritisation, solution, process, progression of demand through the system. This includes all tooling and aircraft inventory. Lead the resolution of issues and priority parts including alternative parts/solutions via integrated functional solutions. Manage information and application of a level of analysis to aid demand management and achieve contractual requirements.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.