Inventory Forecasting Lead - Supply Chain Services
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Inventory Forecasting Lead - Supply Chain Services
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide guidance and support in all areas of analysis and forecasting, setting the standard and ensure this is captured in processes and are adhered to
- Supporting campaigns through the generation, planning and development of credible forecasting information to help identify savings opportunities and to meet Customer contract affordability challenges
- Support the transformation of the Supply Chain Services IF&P capability and wider Supply Chain Strategy initiatives (Covering Typhoon, Tornado and Hawk Platforms)
- Support the implementation of the emerging toolset capabilities and exploitation of the available data
- Work across the Supply Chain Services IF&P community (On-base and Fast Jet Support) to maximise the effectively of the available knowledge and experience
Your skills and experiences:
- Strong quantitative and analytical competence, with ability to interpret big data, generate insights and make recommendation/options that are professionally presented to stakeholders
- Knowledge of aircraft maintenance and/or similar industries operational processes and supporting IT systems
- Experience of operational financial processes, including budget management, forecasting and cash flow
- Leadership and people management experience
- Demonstrable knowledge and operational experience of inventory optimisation and IF&P tools and techniques, including application of software
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Inventory Forecasting and Planning Team:
Within this role, you will be working across all global platforms Hawk, Typhoon and Tornado. Working on the future of the business, understanding the future orders, expansion and working on cutting edge technology.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.