Senior Combat Systems Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Combat Systems Engineer
Location: Frimley, Bristol, Portsmouth, or Weymouth
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience
What you’ll be doing:
The Senior Combat Systems Engineer will be able to apply their subject matter expertise and domain experience to good systems engineering practices, to support the Engineering Manager (EM) and Delegated Technical Authority (dTA) in delivering sonar systems and products to the submarine build and through-life support programmes.
This will include: -
- Capturing and agreeing technical requirements in accordance with company and programme processes
- Proving compliance of Sub-Contractor Design Elements against requirements.
- Applying compliant technical solutions against contractual requirements and regulations
- Designing documentation generated, captured, configured and controlled in accordance with company processes.
- Designing change requirements and documentation generated, captured, configured and controlled in accordance with company processes
- Applying technical input to Life Cycle Management deliverables and Design Reviews
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree level qualification in an engineering or closely related discipline, or an equivalent level of experience
- Basic knowledge of sonar systems in the defence, maritime or closely linked industry would be beneficial
- Proven knowledge and experience of the engineering lifecycle with experience operating in the Design & Development and/or Manufacturing & Installation phases
- An Understanding of working to and proving compliance to relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations
- Understand importance of Product Safety and SHE
- Enthusiasm and communication skills, with the ability to liaise with different stakeholder groups at all levels.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Combat Systems team:
As a Senior Combat Systems Engineer, you will be working as part of the Underwater Systems (UWS) System Engineering Team across all phases of the engineering lifecycle on the design, build and integration of the latest Sonar Systems on UK submarine platforms.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to develop your career within a defence company that is constantly growing its already well-established UK and international presence. We can provide on- the-job and formal training to develop your skills, as well as providing support towards obtaining Chartered Status in the future.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.