Senior Project Professional - Nuclear Safety and Security
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
. Job title: Senior Project Professional - Nuclear Safety and Security
Location: Barrow, we also offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
What you’ll be doing:
- You will manage the full project lifecycle to ensure that, the needs of the business and our customers are met and that financial and other benefits are achieved
- Identify, assess and manage risks to the success of the project
- Perform project reporting, including consolidation of input from multiple sources to provide coherent narrative reports and support effective escalation when required
- Present reports professionally and effectively to a range of audiences as required
- Manage a wide range of stakeholders by communicating effectively and handling difficult conversations when required
- You will be responsible, as a member of the Project Management team, for management and control of a budget of circa £12m per annum
Your skills and experiences:
- Demonstrable knowledge (acquired through job related training and on the job experience) of project management theory and comprehensive understanding of one or more Project Management tools, techniques and practices. (e.g. APM BoK)
- Experience of building good relationships and negotiating and influencing outcomes with stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience of PM governance and assurance processes
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of PM policies, processes, procedures and systems
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Nuclear Site Safety team:
In this role you will support the management of Nuclear Site Safety Services, a complex project comprised of multiple inter-dependent work packages, which together enable the business to maintain its Nuclear Site Licence and provide governance and assurance of our nuclear safety performance. You will also support the Project Manager to help deliver project management support to the wider Nuclear Safety and Security Directorate.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.