Cyber Security Obsolescence Assurance Specialist
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Cyber Security Obsolescence Assurance Specialist
Location: Farnborough/Preston – must be able to get to one of the sites. Hybrid working 2/3 days split – pending business needs.
Salary: Up to £62,000K – Depending on experience and skills
What you’ll be doing:
- Support in the planning and management of Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials plus certification across applicable EIT enterprise managed networks (UK and International) to meet MoD DEFCON contractual requirements
- Develop & deliver Operational Assurance services to assure the compliance and effectiveness of applicable Cyber security controls to meet contractual requirements, specifically those protecting obsolete systems / services
- Support other Information Security certifications and compliance activity to underpin international networks and differing overseas requirements
- Assess and categorise software and hardware obsolescence present on the EIT Managed estate. Engage with EIT and Sector IM&T stakeholders to highlight the issues and guide suitable mitigations
- Developing and managing Operational Assurance dashboards to highlight the state of obsolescence and report to senior management
- Delivering the Operational Assurance service to ensure that all applicable security controls are meeting the operational security requirements as defined in their contractual obligations (NIST (DFARS / FAR), Cyber Essentials (DEFSTAN) and MOD Accreditation requirements)
Your skills and experiences:
- Strong track records of assuring the security of services in the Government sector (or commercial organisations bound by HMG standards)
- Strong analytical background with the ability to analyse and interpret large and complex data sets and articulate observations, conclusions, and recommendations to senior audiences
- In-depth knowledge of industry recognised Cyber Security Standards and best practice including HMG / Government Sector
- Wide ranging knowledge of application, infrastructure and security technologies and in-depth knowledge of implementing them in a secure configuration
- Professional Cyber Security qualification such as Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Cyber Assurance team:
The Cyber Assurance Team with Shared Services are part of Enterprise IT (EIT) with responsibility for assuring all enterprise managed systems and services, spanning UK/RoW. The team ensure systems / services are built and configured in-line with applicable Cyber Security Standards.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.