Cyber Security Assurance Specialist
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Cyber Security Assurance Specialist
Location: Hybrid-Flexible on location South East and North West Farnborough or Preston 1 day minimum in office. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Circa. £50,000K- Depending on experience and skills
What you’ll be doing:
- Deliver assurance services to the business, EITS, IM&T Sector and Group Functions, covering CPE (Customer Premises Equipment) and cloud-based systems. Identification of risk and appropriate mitigation requirements, development & analysis of secure solutions (covering technical / physical / procedural / personnel controls) and assessment of compliance with internal and external standards and regulations
- Deliver documentation to demonstrate compliance to internal and external stakeholders
- Assessment and provision of control effectiveness in managing information security risk
- Provide security architecture / technical input into the development of secure solutions
- Support development of strategy and continual service improvement for the assurance function
- Act as a subject matter expert regarding assurance activities for the wider organisation
- Deliver assurance services to the business, EITS, IM&T Sector and Group Functions, covering CPE (Customer Premises Equipment) and cloud-based systems
Your skills and experiences:
- In-depth knowledge of industry standard security policy, standards and good practice guidance and their application to a variety of IT solutions processing protectively marked information
- In-depth knowledge of threats, risks, vulnerabilities and risk mitigations strategies and techniques
- Knowledge of information security standards, such as HMG, ISO 27001/18, NIST 800 etc
- Knowledge of CompTIA (A+, Network+, Security+)/CCSK/ISO27001 Practitioner (Lead Auditor etc.) – essential in one or more certifications / or on path to complete
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills for managing relationships with stakeholders and direct reports
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The In Design team:
What we do is Cyber Security Assurance, Cloud, Design, Operation. In Design Team – Providing cyber security, advising BU on how to stay compliant.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.