SHE Advisor - Samlesbury Central Operations Team
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: SHE Advisor - Samlesbury Central Operations Team
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing competent and professional SHE advice to the businesses across site, both manufacturing and office areas, as well as supporting functions
- You will be expected to lead a team of SHE associates across the site
- Be responsible for managing your own workload; this will include several Site projects spanning across the businesses
- You will be required to support the Site SHE reviews, as well as day to day site management, scorecards, statistics, incident logs, presentation packs, associate meetings etc
- Lead on accident/incident analysis and assurance activity, along with a wide variety of related tasks that fall within this diverse role
- Additionally, you will be involved the in implementation and maintenance of the SHE Management System (Certified to ISO45001, ISO14001 and ISO50001) within your business operation, leading on risk assessment, accident/incident analysis and assurance activity, along with a wide variety of related tasks that fall within this diverse role
Your skills and experiences:
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety & Health (or equivalent)
- Good understanding of Hazard identification and risk management
- Excellent communication skills and be comfortable liaising with stakeholders at all levels
- Previous experience in a similar SHE role
- Experience of handling liability claims would be advantageous
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The SHE team:
The Samlesbury Operations SHE team provide competent SHE support, advice and resource to Samlesbury site operations and areas. It is made up of a group of SHE Advisors (Team Leaders or Specialists) who sit centrally who manage a team of SHE associates who are deployed into various operational areas of the site. The team support the implementation of various SHE management systems and carry out various day to day activities related to safety, health and environment.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.