Cyber Security Analyst
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Cyber Security Analyst
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Circa £37K pending skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Installation & support of security toolset hardware. Knowledge of networking for troubleshooting required. (For clarity, this is not a typical network engineer or SOC analyst role)
- Development of automation scripts using Python and various toolset API’s
- Supporting SIEM and SOAR technologies
- Supporting Endpoint Protection technologies
- Contribute to the development of the services through process, people and technology where appropriate.
- Contribute to the management and updating of the Service Dashboards
Your skills and experiences:
- Proficiency in Python scripting / automation scripting using API’s
- Analytical background with ability to solve problems/issues
- Knowledge of SIEM / SOAR toolsets
- Technical background with experience in an IT or Cyber Security operations or equivalent role
- Experience of working with Anti-Virus / Anti-Malware / OS Hardening
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Cyber Engineering Team:
You will be joining an expansion to an existing cyber engineering team, supporting additional requirements that sits within Enterprise IT, providing enterprise IT services across the UK businesses and internationally. You will participate in the creation of security solutions to provide enterprise security services, and maintain, develop and communicate their associated roadmaps and standards through the full lifecycle of the service. This could also offer a natural progression route and the opportunity to develop further.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.