BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Warhead Technologist
Location: Glascoed with UK based travel - we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop warhead technology and introduce into new and existing designs
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to communicate new capabilities, including Chief Engineers, Energetic Scientists and UK industrial partners
- Development, test and evaluation of new warhead design and manufacture technologies
- A commitment to continuing technical development of self and others
Your skills and experiences:
- A minimum of a BEng or BSc or equivalent in materials, mechanical, chemical engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience relating to energetics materials science and the use of energetics within munitions.
- Experience relating to warhead technology and application in munition design.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Warhead Technologist team:
The role involves working within the Heavy Bomb and Payload area; an Integrated Delivery Team providing technical expertise on Warhead design and manufacture, theoretical and empirical performance evaluation and qualification for existing and new technology / product development programmes. This role will therefore provide you with many opportunities to engage with a wide range of external and internal stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts. There will also be a responsibility to transfer knowledge and expertise to early career engineers and materials scientists.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.