Senior Structural Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Structural Engineer
Location: Barrow-In-Furness or Filton (Hybrid - minimum 4 days per month on site) - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
What you’ll be doing:
- Contribute to the review and approval of primary or secondary structure design for the Dreadnought class of submarines
- Work alongside a range of stakeholders to provide evidence for the review and assurance of the as built product
- Responsible to produce technical assurance papers to demonstrate system design compliancy
- Support the appropriate capture, management, and closure of risks
- Deal with change management through approved business processes including concession management and change control
Your skills and experiences:
- Hold a degree (Level 6 or higher) qualification in a STEM subject, or able to demonstrate equivalent experience
- Experience working in a complex engineering environment
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Takes a logical approach to problem solving
- Appreciation of design configuration control
- Understanding of structural analysis methods such as Finite Element Analysis
- Understanding of Technical Requirements, Evaluation & Acceptance
- Experience in Manufacturing environment
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Dreadnought Alliance Hull and Outfit team:
As a senior assurance engineer you will be part of a team that is responsible for the design and build engineering assurance. Your contribution will ensure a fit for purpose platform, to meet the needs and requirements of a modern Royal Navy.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.