Manufacturing Engineer - Quality Engineering
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Air – Manufacturing Engineer - Quality Engineering
Location: Samlesbury - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
Salary: £45, 326 - £49,834 - depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting aircraft programs in understanding the ability of product and process design to meet product dimensional requirements
- Ensuring that products are producible whilst minimising manufacturing lead-time and cost of poor quality
- Liaising with Design and IPT teams to ensure manufacturing requirements are embedded into the product design
- Innovate and develop new processes and solutions to support customer needs
- Review and improve Dimensional Management processes / methods and communicate solutions
Your skills and experiences:
- Minimum HND in an Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Experience in the engineering and manufacture of mechanical assembly products.
- Working knowledge of GD&T (Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing).
- Digital metrology experience e.g., CMM, Laser Tracker etc.
- Engineering Toolset knowledge, PLM & CAD.
- Experience of Model Based Definition (MBD).
- MSA (Measurement System Analysis) and Process Capability analysis.
- Working knowledge of Control Plans.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Producibility Team:
As part of the Producibility team you will be responsible for ensuring that design intent is met in the manufacture of airframe products with optimal efficiency through the application and governance of design for manufacture and dimensional management tools and techniques. BAE SYSTEMS Air are developing world class business processes in support of current and future aircraft programs.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
#LI-PG1, #LI-Hybrid, #LI-Onsite