Electronics Test Technician
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Electronics Test Technician
Location: Rochester, Kent. UK
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000, plus shift allowance 25% for Twilight, 30% - nights. Regular overtime available
What you’ll be doing:
- Working within an integrated manufacturing team, testing products to set target times and within the project schedule
- Carrying out testing and fault-finding on a variety of new and mature analogue and digital electronics products such as Pilot Displays, Flight Controls and Flight Computers
- Fault-finding to component level using appropriate circuit diagrams and test equipment when a failure is identified
- Ensure unit compliance to test specifications and procedures
- There may be some migration of this skill into other Technician disciplines such as inspection, fitting and/or wiring/soldering
Your skills and experiences:
- Electronics manufacturing experience
- Read and interpret circuit diagrams
- Testing and fault-finding experience (to component level)
- IT knowledge is important as our production aids, drawings, routings, and most specifications are delivered electronically via a Manufacturing Execution System
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Test Technician team:
As part of one of the world's leading defence, security and aerospace companies, you will be part of the development and supply of products across a diverse mix of commercial and military platforms, from Head Up and Helmet Mounted Displays on the military aircraft, Safety Critical Pilot Control and Flight Control System for civil airliners and Hybrid Power Systems for public transport vehicles.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
At BAE Systems we are committed to supporting work life balance for all our employees and embrace a range of modern working practices, which aim to enhance flexibility for individuals whilst also enabling business performance. Flexibility provisions vary by role, but include hybrid working arrangements, flexible working patterns and shift working.