Procurement Category Leader - Contingent Labour
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Procurement Category Leader - Contingent Labour
Location: Preston. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Circa £38,000 depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the delivery of Contingent Labour Supply Chain Solutions for our Naval Ships business unit, acting as the focal point for providing day-to-day support on Category queries and liaising with preferred suppliers
- Engagement and collaboration with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment in the delivery of the category service with their requirements and expectations, share “lessons learnt” and generate new ideas
- Using market intelligence to drive commercial decisions ensuring value is delivered to the business through competitive supplier contracts, rate card management and continuous improvement initiatives
- Proactively manage category suppliers and develop a strong performance culture through effective working relationships
- Use of data analytics to assess supplier data in order to structure and improve supplier performance and where applicable value for money
- Support activities where required on any change or transformation project activities
- Ensure governance and assurance activities in relation to the Category are adhered to and promoted
Your skills and experiences:
- Confident in Microsoft programmes including Microsoft Excel
- Good Contract understanding and negotiating
- Demonstrable Stakeholder management skills
- Contingent/Temp labour understanding
- Understanding of the external labour market including legislation relating to IR35
- Procurement experience
- CIPS or working towards
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The People Services Procurement team:
This close-knit team works across the contingent labour market, negotiating and supporting procurement and contract negotiation whilst maintaining and building key relationships. This role will focus on supporting the Naval Ships business unit labour requirements.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.