Job Type: Full time
We’re changing up Britain
We’re on a mission to build the UK’s finest digital infrastructure and unleash Britain’s potential. There’s never been a more exciting time to join the CityFibre family. We’re accelerating towards a full fibre future and delivering Gigabit Cities right across the UK. We’re changing up Britain’s digital infrastructure, boosting the economy, connecting communities and leaving a legacy for future generations.
A rewarding career
We’re passionate about our work and we’re passionate about our people too. With a salary of up to £35,475 depending on experience, when you join the CityFibre family you’ll also enjoy benefits like 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
How can you change it up?
Our full fibre infrastructure is transforming cities, powering innovation and speeding up Britain. We’re looking for a confident and organised Project Controller to work alongside the Build Manager and Project Controls Manager, playing a crucial, hands-on role in delivering Fibre To The Home rollouts across the City. You’ll have a complete overview of each project, including activity, risks and costs, flagging any potential issues and driving improvements to our processes, helping us deliver fibre faster and more efficiently. You will also;
- Ensuring full visibility of activity, costs and risks across all areas of the project
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation, ensuring SharePoint and Salesforce are updated and maintained
- Coordinating the project activities by working with all stakeholders to enable flawless project execution
- Monitoring and tracking progress against the detailed project plan – identifying risk and supporting the Project Controls Manager and Build Manager in identifying mitigation activities
- Reporting project progress, status, cost and risk using appropriate tools and techniques
What will you bring to the role?
You will have a proven track record in coordinating large scale complex projects in a B2B environment, excellent organisational skills and the ability to liaise with people at all levels. You will also need;
- Experience of successful end-to-end Project Management delivery, incorporating client/business contractors, procurement and network design
- Project Management skills across all aspects, from inception to delivery and handover
- Experience of planning and controlling complex, multi-workstream projects
- Experience of devising and delivering mitigations to address key risks
- A proven ability to develop and manage project budgets and finances
- In-depth knowledge of project management methodologies including Prince 2 or PMi and MS Project
- Leadership and people management skills
- The ability to use MS Excel, Project, Word and PowerPoint to an intermediate level
- Telecoms or construction experience would be beneficial
- Ideally, you will have a degree
Our unique culture
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity, we believe everyone has a voice and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. Even though we come from different backgrounds and do different jobs, we’re united by The CityFibre Way - our unique code of behaviours that inspires how we think, act and work. We back each other, think smart and act fast, and we’re passionate about giving it our best to build a legacy together.
Ready to start changing it up? Join the CityFibre family today.
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.