Job Type: Full time
As the fastest-growing fibre network in the UK, you could say we’re changing things up. Not only are we unlocking the digital potential of an entire nation, but we’re also constantly evolving, to give our people the most seamless employee experience possible. We’re doing this by creating a sense of purpose among our teams and offering career development opportunities the like of which has never been seen before. We’re a company that cares about people, places and new possibilities. Could this be the fresh start you’re looking for?
Telecoms is fast becoming the most exciting industry to join. It offers the security you need and the chance to make an impact on your community. It’s an industry that’s growing fast, with no sign of slowing down. and CityFibre adopts the same mission for its employees and the communities they work in. We’re creating a life in full-flow. No drop-outs no flicking the switch on and off, we’re making lives easier for the people of the UK, and our people too.
A rewarding career
If you’re going to be changing it up, you deserve to be looked after. That’s why we’re offering a salary of £52,500 depending on experience. On top of that, you’ll be able to enjoy plenty of benefits like 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, a performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare to name just a few.
We’re not looking for you to tick all the boxes, we’re looking for the right mindset and enthusiasm. If you think you’re right for the role, we want to hear from you.
How can you change it up?
Working with the lead and senior engineers to maintain and improve our automated provisioning and allocation workflows, diagnostics tooling and network monitoring. You will also work closely with architecture, NOC and support teams to help roll out new solutions and products to the network, diagnose issues and improve automation of manual diagnostics steps. Day to day, this is what you can expect to be doing:
- Develop, document, deploy and maintain network automation solutions required to deliver business objectives.
- Contribute to the documentation and maintenance of diverse services provided by the Network team to support business requirements.
- Contribute to the build and capacity management of the network systems/services, to facilitate optimal operation and recovery of the network under normal and failure conditions.
- Manage and resolve incidents impacting network systems and services
- Develop automation solutions to improve process and operational efficiency in the networks team.
What will you bring to the role?
Are you a team player, with at least three years’ experience working as a Network DevOps or Automation Engineer? This might be the role for you. You will bring some of the below to CityFibre with you:
- Experience across a development lifecycle – Plan, Code/Build, Test, Release, Operate/Monitor
- Development of network automation solutions using Python, Ansible and related libraries for executing bulk network changes, network health checks, test automation, etc.
- File version control using Git, and management of projects using a collaborative development environment e.g. GitLab
- Experience using the following protocols, data models and templating tools: NETCONF, REST, YANG, YAML, Jinja2, XML, JSON
If you’ve just found yourself nodding and thinking, ‘I can do that!’, things are about to get exciting.
So that’s the role, now let us tell you a bit more about life at CityFibre. We’ve built a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace that offers anyone the chance to grow a new career. We’re a Times Top 50 Employer for Women, have partnerships with Work180, Vercida and Disability Confidence, just to name a few – it inspires us day-to-day. The foundations of our teams are rooted in respect, development and continuous support. Our people are already changing it up, are you ready to join them?
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.