Build Assurance Manager
Location: East Sussex
Job Type: Full time
As the fastest-growing fibre network in the UK, you could say we’re changing things up. Not only are we unlocking the digital potential of an entire nation, but we’re also constantly evolving, to give our people the most seamless employee experience possible. We’re doing this by creating a sense of purpose among our teams and offering career development opportunities the like of which has never been seen before. We’re a company that cares about people, places and new possibilities. Could this be the fresh start you’re looking for?
Building a new, full fibre network has never been more exciting, so don’t miss an opportunity to work for the 2nd largest Fibre network in the UK. Our Network Build teams are revitalising an industry – they’re the ones connecting the dots and assuring the build. They work with cutting-edge technologies and the brightest minds in their field to build a legacy for future generations. They can say the digital map of the UK, is something they’ve created. This is your chance to say you were a part of its creation too.
We think smart, act fast, always back each other and give everything our best. We’re building a legacy, that’s the CityFibre Way. There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the Network Build team at CityFibre.
A rewarding career
If you’re going to be changing it up, you deserve to be looked after. That’s why we’re offering a salary of up to £54,000 depending on experience + car allowance.On top of that, you’ll be able to enjoy plenty of benefits like 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, a performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare to name just a few.
How can you change it up?
You can change it up as a Build Assurance Manager by supporting the City Build Manager in delivering civil and fibre construction projects and managing the Business Assurance Engineer team. Day to day, this is what you can expect to be doing:
- Bringing the best out of your motivated team to achieve minimum defects and Right First Time (RFT) targets
- Managing multiple workstreams and resources for the installation and commissioning of civils and fibre connectivity
- Management of daily progress of all vendors and contractors
- Ensuring excellence in Health and Safety practice throughout the build
- Liaising and updating the City Build Manager on build progress and any risks or escalations
What will you bring to the role?
We’re looking for someone organised, agile and resourceful with experience managing teams on a busy telecoms build project. As this role is about ensuring our company achieves its key metrics, that all tasks are done according to RFT, and all customer milestones are reached, you’d be well suited if you thrive in goal-orientated environments. You’ll bring some of the below with you to CityFibre:
- Management experience gained within a telecoms or utilities environment
- Technical understanding of telecoms deployment of civils and fibre optic networks
- Strong understanding of the New Roads & Streetworks Act (NRSWA)
- A history of taking responsibility for actions such as weekly progress, defects, compliance & risks reports, escalated project issues, reviewing KPIs and monitoring recovery plans
Our unique culture
So that’s the role, now let us tell you a bit more about life at CityFibre. We’ve built a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace that offers anyone the chance to grow a new career. We’re a Times Top 50 Employer for Women, have partnerships with Work180, Vercida and Disability Confidence, just to name a few – it inspires us day-to-day. The foundations of our teams are rooted in respect, development and continuous support. Our people are already changing it up, are you ready to join them?
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.