NOC Operations Engineer
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
As the fastest-growing fibre network in the UK, you could say we’re changing things up. Not only are we unlocking the digital potential of an entire nation, but we’re also constantly evolving, to give our people the most seamless employee experience possible. We’re doing this by creating a sense of purpose among our teams and offering career development opportunities the like of which has never been seen before. We’re a company that cares about people, places and new possibilities. Could this be the fresh start you’re looking for?
What makes CityFibre different from any other Telecoms company? How we treat our people. Just as we aim to make everything super easy for our customers, we aim to do the same for you, in your career and outside work. Our hybrid working structure as well as our learning and development function allow you to bring your best-self to work every day and grow your career in any way you want it. This is an environment that encourages change and fosters innovation. Anyone can make a difference at CityFibre, so what’s stopping you?
A rewarding career
We’re passionate about our work and we’re passionate about our people too. With a salary of up to £48,000 depending on experience, when you join the CityFibre family you’ll also enjoy benefits like 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, a performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
How you’ll change it up
You’ll play a vital role in ensuring that we are constantly maximising the network performance for our customers through efficient monitoring, troubleshooting, scheduling of upgrades and network optimisation. Day to day, you can expect to be:
- Establishing the networking environment by carrying out system configuration and system installation while defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
- Participating in the design and implementation of new solutions for CityFibre, resellers and customers and improving the resilience of the current environment
- Ensuring that all events for installation, maintenance or faults are logged into the ticketing system with all the required information
- Participating in the design and implementation of new solutions for resellers and customers, improving the resilience of the current environment
- Reviewing and updating the NOC documentation
What you’ll bring to the role
You’ll be a hard-working network engineer with experience working in data centre environments and 1st/2nd line network support, teamed with a strong working knowledge of Cisco IOS, IP, BGP and any associated protocols. You’ll also bring the following with you to CityFibre:
- Experience working in an ISP or field engineering environment
- CCNS qualification
- Familiarity with basic command-line scripting
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- The ability to remain focused and professional under pressure
If you’ve just found yourself nodding and thinking, ‘I can do that!’, things are about to get exciting.
Our unique culture
So that’s the role, now let us tell you a bit more about life at CityFibre. We’ve built a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace that offers anyone the chance to grow a new career. We’re a Times Top 50 Employer for Women, have partnerships with Work180, Vercida and Disability Confidence, just to name a few – it inspires us day-to-day. The foundations of our teams are rooted in respect, development and continuous support. Our people are already changing it up, are you ready to join them?
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.