LOC Delivery Manager
Job Type: Full time
As the fastest-growing fibre network in the UK, you could say we’re changing things up. Not only are we unlocking the digital potential of an entire nation, but we’re also constantly evolving, to give our people the most seamless employee experience possible. We’re doing this by creating a sense of purpose among our teams and offering career development opportunities the like of which has never been seen before. We’re a company that cares about people, places and new possibilities. Could this be the fresh start you’re looking for?
If you’re going to be changing it up, you deserve to be looked after, and that’s why we’re offering a competitive salary + a car allowance. On top of that, you’ll be able to enjoy plenty of benefits like 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, a performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare to name just a few.
How can you change it up?
First things first, what is LOC? LOC or Limit of Construction is any issue which could affect the construction of our builds, or really anything which might prevent FTTH builds going ahead all together. This is why it’s so important for us to effectively track these!
As our LOC Delivery Manager, you’ll be driving internal governance and processes to optimise properties that are available for service across our network. Day to day, this is what you can expect to be doing:
- Taking responsibility for data sets to ensure their integration into multiple systems and work streams
- Drive a team to create intelligent analysis from various information sources to support build programmes and reduce LOC
- Managing internal relationships to ensure compliance with LOC governance
- Reviewing all the LOC codes currently used in build programmes, ensuring the correct codes are applied with meaningful detail
- Reviewing and quality assuring LOC deliverables, indicating continuous improvement requirements
- Identifying potential properties to batch release monthly to our ISP partners
What you’ll bring to the role
You’ll be a strategic thinker who has experience embedding and governing processes, constantly assessing areas for improvement. You’ll also bring some of the following with you:
- Effective organisation skills and the ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- A delivery and service-oriented mindset
- Experience working with the telecoms environment
- Flexibility to travel across the UK as needed
If you’ve just found yourself nodding and thinking, ‘I can do that!’, things are about to get exciting.
Our unique culture
So that’s the role, now let us tell you a bit more about life at CityFibre. We’ve built a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace that offers anyone the chance to grow a new career. We’re a Times Top 50 Employer for Women, have partnerships with Work180, Vercida and Disability Confidence, just to name a few – it inspires us day-to-day. The foundations of our teams are rooted in respect, development and continuous support. Our people are already changing it up, are you ready to join them?
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.