Procurement Specialist – IT & Active Engineering
Location: Milton Keynes
Job Type: Full time
As the fastest-growing fibre network in the UK, you could say we’re changing things up. Not only are we unlocking the digital potential of an entire nation, but we’re also constantly evolving, to give our people the most seamless employee experience possible. We’re doing this by creating a sense of purpose among our teams and offering career development opportunities the like of which has never been seen before. We’re a company that cares about people, places and new possibilities. Could this be the fresh start you’re looking for?
If you’re going to be changing it up, you deserve to be looked after. That’s why we’re offering a salary of up to £41,000 (+ a car allowance) depending on experience. On top of that, you’ll be able to enjoy plenty of benefits like 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, a performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare to name just a few.
How can you change it up?
You’ll join our growing Supply Chain function to take responsibility for sourcing goods and services across IT, development and active engineering. This includes running tender processes for these areas, as well as contributing to achieving our broader procurement and contract management strategies. Day to day, this is what you can expect to be doing:
- Identifying new suppliers, conducting initial meetings and making recommendations on engagement and selection
- Supporting with the development and implementation of procurement strategy and policies
- Managing supplier performance related data to allow for the prioritisation of activities
- Supporting on identifying and implementing cost saving initiatives
- Managing the supply chain risk and mitigations register
- Negotiating clear, robust and favourable terms using appropriate contractual and commercial frameworks
What you’ll bring to the role
You’ll be logical and analytical in nature, with strong experience in procuring direct and / or indirect goods and services as a Buyer, as well as in supplier selection. You’ll also bring some of the following with you:
- End-to-end exposure to the tender process
- An understanding of procurement principles around category management and contract management
- Knowledge of Coupa – the sourcing and procurement system
- CIPS (or part CIPS) accreditation or a degree in a related subject
- Excellent communication, teamwork and stakeholder engagement skills
If you’ve just found yourself nodding and thinking, ‘I can do that!’, things are about to get exciting.
Our unique culture
So that’s the role, now let us tell you a bit more about life at CityFibre. We’ve built a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace that offers anyone the chance to grow a new career. We’re a Times Top 50 Employer for Women, have partnerships with Work180, Vercida and Disability Confidence, just to name a few – it inspires us day-to-day. The foundations of our teams are rooted in respect, development and continuous support. Our people are already changing it up, are you ready to join them?
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.