Build Assurance Engineer
Location: South Yorkshire
Job Type: Full time
We’re changing up Britain
We’re on a mission to build the UK’s finest digital infrastructure and unleash Britain’s potential. There’s never been a more exciting time to join the CityFibre family. We’re accelerating towards a full fibre future and delivering Gigabit Cities right across the UK. We’re changing up Britain’s digital infrastructure, boosting the economy, connecting communities and leaving a legacy for future generations.
A rewarding career
We’re passionate about our work and we’re passionate about our people too. With a salary of up to £41,474 + car allowance depending on experience, when you join the CityFibre family you’ll also enjoy benefits like 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
How can you change it up?
Our full fibre infrastructure is transforming cities, powering innovation and speeding up Britain. We’re looking for a creative, agile and resourceful Build Assurance Engineer to help us fulfil our ambition of delivering Fibre To The Home to 8 million premises. Reporting to the Build Manager, you’ll be responsible for monitoring a Full Fibre Network deployment project within one of our Cities. You’ll use your expertise to oversee both the civil and fibre construction activities, ensuring that our supply partner is carrying out site operations on time, to specification within Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental guidelines. You will also;
- Coach and support the build partner, ensuring any ‘blockers’ to the plan are highlighted and escalated
- Conduct site audits using iAuditor across a minimum of 50% of deployed gangs
- Update daily/weekly reports and review against the project delivery milestones, highlighting any risks to the Build Manager
- Ensure all post installation/as-built documents are completed and checked in accordance with the conditions of the project and client requirements
- Consult with the Highways Department, Local Authorities and other Utilities companies on behalf of CityFibre to coordinate works
- Ensure principal contractors have site-specific method statements and risk assessments in place
- Liaise with the public, dealing with any issues that the network construction activities may have caused
- Deputise for the Build Manager at Local Authority Highways/Roads and Contractor meetings.
What will you bring to the role?
You’ll have a track record of supervising Utilities and should be NRSWA qualified with Highways experience. You’ll also need to be highly self-motivated with the passion and drive to succeed, as well as an excellent communicator with the ability to negotiate outcomes that mitigate project risks. You’ll also need;
- OSP Telecoms Network Build experience
- Experience of managing contracted engineering works
- Fibre Optics Splicing & OTDR / ILM testing experience
- Knowledge of Blown and Traditional Cable installation techniques
- An understanding of method statements and risk assessments
- Working knowledge of CDM Regulations
- An understanding of the New Roads & Streetworks Act 1991 (NRSWA)
- A full driving licence plus IOSH managing safety or SMSTS
Our unique culture
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity, we believe everyone has a voice and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. Even though we come from different backgrounds and do different jobs, we’re united by The CityFibre Way - our unique code of behaviours that inspires how we think, act and work. We back each other, think smart and act fast, and we’re passionate about giving it our best to build a legacy together.
Ready to start changing it up? Join the CityFibre family today.
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.