Build Assurance Engineer
Job Type: Full time
We’re changing up Britain
As the fastest-growing fibre network in the UK, you could say we’re changing things up. Not only are we unlocking the digital potential of an entire nation, but we’re also constantly evolving, to give our people the most seamless employee experience possible. We’re doing this by creating a sense of purpose among our teams and offering career development opportunities the like of which has never been seen before. We’re a company that cares about people, places and new possibilities. Could this be the fresh start you’re looking for?
A rewarding career
If you’re going to be changing it up, you deserve to be looked after. That’s why we’re offering a salary of up to £41,474 + and a car allowance.On top of that, you’ll be able to enjoy plenty of benefits like 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, a performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare to name just a few.
How can you change it up?
Our full fibre infrastructure is transforming cities, powering innovation and speeding up Britain. We’re looking for a creative, agile and resourceful Build Assurance Engineer to help us fulfil our ambition of delivering Fibre To The Home to 8 million premises. Reporting to the Build Manager, you’ll be responsible for monitoring a Full Fibre Network deployment project within one of our Cities. You’ll use your expertise to oversee both the civil and fibre construction activities, ensuring that our supply partner is carrying out site operations on time, to specification within Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental guidelines. Day to day, this is what you can expect to be doing:
- Coach and support the build partner, ensuring any ‘blockers’ to the plan are highlighted and escalated
- Conduct site audits using iAuditor across a minimum of 50% of deployed gangs
- Update daily/weekly reports and review against the project delivery milestones, highlighting any risks to the Build Manager
- Ensure all post installation/as-built documents are completed and checked in accordance with the conditions of the project and client requirements
- Consult with the Highways Department, Local Authorities and other Utilities companies on behalf of CityFibre to coordinate works
- Ensure principal contractors have site-specific method statements and risk assessments in place
- Liaise with the public, dealing with any issues that the network construction activities may have caused
- Deputise for the Build Manager at Local Authority Highways/Roads and Contractor meetings.
What will you bring to the role?
You’ll be passionate about what you do and have a track record of supervising Utilities and should be NRSWA qualified. You’re highly self-motivated with the passion and drive to succeed, as well as an excellent communicator with the ability to negotiate outcomes that mitigate project risks. You will bring some of the below to CityFibre with you:
- OSP Telecoms Network Build experience
- Fibre Optics Splicing & OTDR / ILM testing experience
- Knowledge of Blown and Traditional Cable installation techniques
- Working knowledge of CDM Regulations
- A full driving licence plus IOSH managing safety or SMSTS
If you’ve just found yourself nodding and thinking, ‘I can do that!’, things are about to get exciting.
Our unique culture
So that’s the role, now let us tell you a bit more about life at CityFibre. We’ve built a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace that offers anyone the chance to grow a new career. We’re a Times Top 50 Employer for Women, have partnerships with Work180, Vercida and Disability Confidence, just to name a few – it inspires us day-to-day. The foundations of our teams are rooted in respect, development and continuous support. Our people are already changing it up, are you ready to join them?
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.