Director of Quantitative Token Engineering
Location: Kent, North Yorkshire, Remote, Oregon
Job Type: Full time
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
We are seeking experienced individuals with a background in systems design and token engineering to join the Cryptoeconomics team at ConsenSys. The team is responsible for token engineering, DAO & Web3 engagement, and investment strategy across the firm. The role will focus on leading the token engineering team and managing our capabilities around token launches across the product footprint.
What you’ll do
- Lead the team responsible for the design, modeling, and implementation of several token engineering projects.
- Work independently and with ConsenSys teams to identify the objective functions of tokens, compare existing mechanisms, build out key learnings, and test new designs through simulations
- Continuously advance the team’s expertise of token engineering and be a thought leader throughout the organization by publishing research and developing analytical reports about new or existing protocols.
- Lead token ideation, whitepaper development, and core research around investments and treasury management.
- Model and calculate token financials, sensitivity, transaction amounts, supply, and other quantitative requirements.
- Build out economic structures, and run simulations to examine different outcomes.
- Support other teams by exploring tokenomics and designs of specific protocols
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- Experience in token engineering and token modeling (e.g. cadCAD, Gauntlet, Machinations), particularly agent simulations, mechanism design, and systems design
- Deep subject matter expertise of Layer 1s, Layer 2s, bridges, stablecoins, DeFi protocols (e.g. Aave, Uniswap, Curve), and Web3 infrastructure (e.g. RPCs)
- Extensive knowledge of new and existing token models such as voting escrow mechanisms, gauges, buy back and burn initiatives, and liquid staking derivatives.
- Subject matter expertise of transaction flow, block proposing, block building, and MEV Experience analyzing secondary market activity of tokens and understanding how traditional macroeconomics impacts Web3 markets.
- Experience with DAO governance and tooling (e.g. Snapshot, Gnosis) and NFT primitives (e.g. utility-enabled NFTs)
- Passionate about emerging primitives such as restaking and interchain security
- Ability to work remotely, independently, and collaboratively in a team
- Proactive problem-solving aptitude and willingness to be hands-on when required
- Excellent writing, editing, and presentational skills in English
- Knowledge of Python, Etherscan, and Dune (or other on chain querying tools)required.
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD135,000 - $USD277,000.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).