Product Strategy Manager - Market Intelligence and Strategic Insights
Location: North Yorkshire, Remote, Oregon
Job Type: Full time
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
The Direct User Group
The Direct User Group is focused on developing solutions for the leading web 3 wallet application MetaMask. The team includes 10+ product teams which are focused on developing a variety of monetization, aggregation and externalization features and functionalities for MetaMask. These products serve as gateways for millions of users worldwide to interact with web 3 applications across DeFi, NFTs, Gaming, etc.
The Role of Product Analysts
Product Analyst is a specialist position within Consensys’ Direct User Group, which includes research, product and strategy related work. The person is a partner to the product teams within the Direct User Business and responsible to drive market intelligence, user research, product innovation and discovery and other areas that support the evolution of our product roadmap.
What you’ll do
Help us make better business and product decisions by providing us with sharp market and competitor intelligence across products, users and developers through quantitative and qualitative analyses. We need you to be our thought leader on market trends, web 3 business models and user needs
Specific tasks can include:
- Market Intelligence: Conduct detailed analyses of our peer and competitor positioning as well as the emerging crypto landscape and provide the Consensys leadership with weekly intelligence briefs
- User Sentiment Analysis: Develop a deep understanding of our users’ sentiment towards our and competitor products in a cross-team collaborative effort
- Product Research: Maintain a strong technical understanding of web 3 infrastructure and developer/end user products. Be on top of emerging user needs / use cases and differentiate them on a regional basis
- Special Projects Conduct one-off analyses to inform decisions around product strategy, project prioritization, and product behavior. For example, define clear hypotheses to identify new opportunities, describe current challenges and build business cases that will inform and influence our strategy
- This role requires prior blockchain experience! Ideally you have an existing understanding of and/or experience in the web 3 space and are an active user of developer and/or end user products
- It will be crucial for you to be able to build on foundational knowledge in the web 3 space in order to dive into the details of blockchain architecture, product landscapes and user experiences
- It would also be great if you have demonstrated any form of thought leadership in your previous roles, including the ability to draw strategic insights from large volumes of unstructured data
- Experience in user/technical research and/or product discovery
- Excellent communication, relationship management and organizational skills
- Methodical prioritization and problem solving skills
- Entrepreneurial with a growth mindset; independently driven, constantly learning, always improving
- Examples of prior roles could include, but are not limited to, Product Strategy Manager, Researcher, Strategy Consultant, Web3 Entrepreneur
- The minimum work experience for this role is 4-5 years
- Familiarity with data analysis, including querying data via SQL and tool like JIRA, Notion, MixPanel
- Previous experience in remote or globally distributed teams
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD114,000 - $USD218,000.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).