Head of Sales - SMB
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Small Medium Business | Head of Sales
Deliveroo is a multi-award winning, international food business and one of the most successful recent technology companies to come out of the UK. We are on a mission to transform the way customers eat, just as Airbnb has for travel and Amazon has for e-commerce. Our aim is to bring great food to customers as fast as possible and in less than 30 minutes. Whether you want Pad Thai in the evening, a salad at lunch or forgot some key grocery items, we’ve got it covered.
The UK & Ireland Small Medium Business (SMB) team is responsible for Deliveroo’s relationships with the many thousands of independent restaurant and retail partners that operate on the Deliveroo marketplace in the UK & Ireland, ensuring that they continue to grow and operate efficiently. The SMB team spans the full life-cycle of partner interactions from initial acquisition, on-boarding, reactive support and proactive account management. We do this through our in-house contact centre based in Manchester and in collaboration with our third-party contact centre providers.
As Head of Sales for our SMB Commercial team, you will lead a team of Sales managers that are responsible for our core business performance in the SMB sales centre. Your team will be focused on acquiring new partners through predominantly outbound channels. Based in Manchester and reporting to the UKI SMB Commercial Director, this is an ideal role for a leader with a strong track record of delivering results in a fast paced environment. You will be an individual who is focused on planning for the future through strategic thinking and stakeholder management.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Managing the day-to-day sales operation to ensure the team are focused on the right activities to deliver our monthly, quarterly and annual commercial objectives
- Meet and exceed ambitious sales targets by designing & implementing highly-targeted outbound sales campaigns, whilst identifying improvements to drive efficiencies in how we manage our sales funnels
- Define clear commercial guardrails to ensure Deliveroo's proposition is competitive while optimising the profitability of newly acquired partners
- Implement strong people processes that ensure the sales operation is resourced effectively and has the ability to be agile
- Inspire and develop the sales teams against Sales KPIs and Standards of Performance, showing clear evidence of recruiting high calibre candidates, who hold and follow detailed action and development plans
- Developing the operational strategy for the Sales centre, ensuring local programs are executed efficiently
- Identify and implement additional sales training programs partnering with the L&D function to build the commercial abilities of our inside sales personnel
- Partner with our operations teams to develop and execute local incentive programs that drive incremental performance in sales that would not have been achieved otherwise.
- Identify and drive continual improvement of our sales area through adopting a test and learn culture that challenges how we do things in order to continually evolve
- Optimise ways of working between inside sales and field-based sales teams to ensure most cost-efficient route to acquiring new partners
- Championing change and leading on identifying new ways of working in collaboration with other Deliveroo functions to ensure we have the right tools and content to support our agents in acquiring new partners
- Collaborate with central technology teams to
- Optimise the self-serve sign-up experience for partners
- Identify and prioritise the highest-value prospects to be targeted by our sales teams
- Deliver an omni-channel sales experience that maximises the productive time of our sales people
- Ensure we have a compelling sales pitch to prospects that can be tailored and delivered through multiple communication channels
- Partner with central operations in defining the requirements and use-cases for future process and tool enhancements which focus on reducing our cost to serve whilst maximising sales productivity
- Be a subject matter expert in how we acquire new partners, from data structure through to tool enablement and human interaction
- Building and coaching an exceptional sales team that is engaged, inclusive and high-performing
- Create a compelling vision with a strong sense of unity and desire to win together across a large team of frontline colleagues
- Establish high-volume recruitment processes to enable Deliveroo to hire team members that are commercially and operationally astute with high customer- and people-centricity
- Foster collaboration throughout the organisation, understanding the benefit and importance of strong central / local collaboration
This is a demanding role which will require a strong people leader with experience in launching initiatives that drive change at scale. The candidate will be passionate about employee engagement and driven to create a winning culture. The successful candidate will have a passion for P&L ownership and driving impact through scalable solutions.
The required skills include:
- Leadership: Strong leadership skills which balance business results with employee engagement
- Team Management: Can build an engaged team of frontline, individual contributors to deliver consistently high standards across a range of administrative processes
- Influencing and Negotiation: Exceptional stakeholder management, with resilience & maturity to face challenges from senior members of the business & deliver a positive outcome
- Project Management: Ability to manage multiple projects alongside a daily operation requiring quick response as issue arise - strong work prioritisation, planning and task delegation
- Team work: Collaborative approach with peers and business leaders to build support and unlock resources to support delivery of your agenda
- Communication: Strong communication skills, with an aptitude to respond to a variety of demands and the ability to engage with a variety of audiences through different channels
The desired experiences include
- 4-5 years of experience in a call centre or similar environment that is focused on acquiring new customers
- Experience working within the restaurant or grocery retail industries
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.