Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Store Supervisor- Deliveroo
Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Hop, Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We’re looking for people with an exceptional drive and entrepreneurial spirit to join the team at Deliveroo Hop and help us build the leading speedy grocery delivery service. Hungry to win? This is an exciting time to join the Deliveroo HOP team within the broader Deliveroo organisation - we’re only just getting started!
The role of the Store Supervisor is to support the Store Manager in achieving the highest performance possible within their Store. This includes maximising customer satisfaction, striving to ensure their shift works efficiently, ensuring and supervising accuracy in stock counting, handling stock with care and according to rotation policies to reduce wastage.
The Store Supervisor must also contribute to a positive and cooperative working environment that is pleasant for all colleagues and ensure at all times that the tasks they are carrying out and have delegated are in line with all H&S policies.
What you'll be doing
- Supervise that all orders are picked efficiently to meet time targets
- Communicate with our riders to ensure our customers receive our deliveries in a timely manner
- Run the dispatch area and and support with packing delivery orders to send to our customers
- Ensure all deliveries are scanned accurately and appropriate claims are logged
- Unload delivery wagons according to procedure, taking time to ensure accuracy of product locations and date rotation
- Ensure stock counts are accurate and all areas counted as needed
- Partner with our Store Assistant Manager and Store Manager to ensure the site runs smoothly
- Supervise that the warehouse remains clean and tidy at all time and that any hazards have been dealt with urgently
- Complete H&S checks and ensure that the warehouse and employees are diligently adhering to company policies and procedures throughout their shift
- Previous experience in a similar environment is valued but not required (Grocery/Retail/Warehouse/Last mile delivery is a big plus)
- Strong hands-on mentality and detailed oriented
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of consistently hitting KPI targets (e.g. pick times)
- Track record of attendance, punctuality and reliability
- Demonstrated leadership and experience training other associates
- Ability to run shift on their own
- Contribute to a positive working environment
- Good communication skills and a good proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Right to work in the UK
- Picking orders efficiently and accurately to meet targets
- Balancing operational processes whilst also being customer facing
- Managing customer interactions, complaints and queries
- Processing and picking customer orders via our kiosk system
- Managing age restricted sales
- Merchandising stock and front of store when necessary
- Responsibility for cleaning tasks
- Ensuring all goods delivered are of the freshest quality
- Communicating with our riders to ensure our customers receive their deliveries in a timely manner
- Assisting with incoming delivery management
- Unloading delivery wagons according to procedure, taking time to ensure accuracy of product locations and date rotation
- Supporting with inventory management as requested
- Ensuring Warehouse remains clean and tidy at all time, any hazards should be dealt with urgently
What to expect from the interview process
- Step 1: apply for any role you'd like to be considered for - we'd love to hear from you!
- Step 2: we'll send you out an online assessment which needs to be completed before we progress you further. (All instructions will be sent to your email address so please ensure you check your junk folder too!)
- Step 3: if you are successful with the assessment, one of our recruitment team will be in touch to say hello and understand more about your experience
- Step 4: if we decide to progress your application, you will be invited to an interview with one of our Hop hiring managers
- Step 5: We'll come back to you quickly after your interview to let you know the outcome!
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.