HR Business Partner, Technology
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As HR Business Partner for our technology teams, you'll act as a truly commercial partner to the tech business, taking responsibility to deliver an effective people strategy that translates business objectives into tangible actions. This will include owning the HR roadmap, ensuring both business and HR objectives are met during this phase of hyper growth and international expansion.
As you deliver on a stellar People vision, you will ensure engagement across the whole employee lifecycle, all while using data to underpin and inform ROI. We're growing incredibly quickly and we need experienced technical managers to help us scale.
You will operate as a key business partner to the technology management team and be a driver of success for this people-centric organisation. The successful candidate will have extensive experience partnering with scaling technology organisations, and demonstrated success working with large, multi-faceted teams.
Our Technology Team:
At Deliveroo we're striving to build London's best engineering organisation.
We’re attracting and retaining top tech talent globally, and are looking for our HR partners to match their drive, innovation, creativity and to have equally definitive career opportunities.
Our teams are solving unique and difficult problems at scale in an energetic and hyper-growth environment. Our tech functions are growing incredibly quickly and we need an experienced HR team to help those managers scale strategically.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide business leaders with pragmatic advice in resolving complex people issues and educate Deliveroo management and teams on HR policies and programmes
- Partner with the business to scale effectively - understand and support the opportunities and challenges for their teams
- Drive and lead Employee Relations and Investigations ensuring that the processes are handled fairly, consistently and in a timely manner
- Collaborate closely with People Operations, Recruiting, Diversity Equity & Inclusion, and Legal teams to support thoughtful, seamless solution delivery
- Provide insights and recommendations for day-to-day operational improvement based on self serve data (e.g. takeaways from engagement survey, etc)
- Collaborate with senior Engineering, Data and Product stakeholders to develop, track and analyse performance on strategic issues of importance impacting employee performance
- Provide strategic HR consulting and coaching support to senior leaders within Deliveroo’s Technology team, including the CPTO and CTO
- Support all talent management, organisational design and organisational alignment activities for Deliveroo’s technology team.
- Partner with Engineering and People leadership to develop our model for rapidly scaling the Engineering team in the most efficient way
- Coach leaders and senior management to successfully manage all cyclical people management processes
- Understand key drivers of our Employee Value Proposition, and create plan to improve and execute
- Collaborate across the HR network and with other stakeholders across the organisation to resolve escalated issues and generate solutions to enable client’s business strategy.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant labour laws in close collaboration with the legal function
- Work with business leaders on talent needs, talent planning and recruitment requirements
- Support the technology teams in improving KPIs such as labour attrition, absence and employee engagement scores
- Support Deliveroo’s technology teams in building a positive culture and working environment
- Significant experience in HR business partnering, or generalist People experience working in a fast paced environment
- Experience with HR systems, People Operations and Business Partnering.
- Strong process improvement and project management skills.
- Excellent employee relations skills, with the ability to deliver feedback on sensitive issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Entrepreneurial mindset - comfortable in a highly ambiguous and fast paced environment, able to take responsibility from day one and work independently by following processes and own directions
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.