Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
As a Financial Accountant within our global reporting team, based in our London HQ, you will have the opportunity to take responsibility for reporting on our Editions business. This will include monthly reporting, working with the auditors and ensuring that statutory requirements are met. The role reports into our Hop & Editions Finance Manager.
What you’ll be doing
- Report on each month end, post journals and work with our Finance & Strategy team on the finalisation of the management accounts.
- Perform monthly variance analysis of the P&L.
- Carry out monthly balance sheet reconciliations, resolving variances and identifying issues.
- Work with other teams within the business to ensure you have a thorough understanding of all postings going through our books.
- Work with the auditors as necessary to fulfil their requests and answer their queries.
- Keep on top of local statutory requirements to ensure we are compliant.
- Liaise with the wider reporting team on processes performed at a group level, and take responsibility for specific processes as required.
- Accountancy qualification
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- A desire to take responsibility and ‘own’ your work
- A proactive approach; you should be motivated to take the initiative to make improvements
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, frequently-changing environment
- Strong organisational skills and an awareness of the importance of deadlines
- Advantageous, but not required: Some experience of a startup environment
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing