Operations Project Manager - Deliveroo Hop
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Operations Project Manager - Deliveroo Hop
At Deliveroo, we are transforming the way people think about food.
We are on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved a great deal with the recent expansion of our Hop, Grocery, Editions, Signature and Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission and feed the appetite of our customers. We are investing in and building out our teams to help us launch new and innovative products. It’s an exciting time to join us and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us - a story we would love you to help us shape.
9 years in - we now operate in 13 markets, with over 100,000 riders who deliver orders from 160,000 restaurants and 13,000 grocery partners in over 500 towns and cities worldwide.
We launched Deliveroo HOP in September 2021 as our ultra-fast, quick-commerce grocery delivery service. Our mission is to deliver groceries and an expanding range of non-food goods to customers around the world in as little as minutes; from the weekly shop to a last minute dinner party or a late night snack. Working with trusted grocers, Deliveroo HOP brings customers the very best products at lightning speed.
We are building a network of stores across London, the UK and are currently live in 5 markets worldwide. Partnered with a variety of retail partners, each of our stores is staffed with a team who have been highly trained to manage the operations efficiently as well as pick and pack orders in record time, with Deliveroo’s rider network completing all deliveries.
We are also expanding our Hop business model, including our Hop As A Service model and small partner relationships.
We’re looking for people with exceptional drive and entrepreneurial spirit to join the team and help us build the industry’s leading quick-commerce grocery service. This is an exciting time to join Deliveroo HOP within the broader Deliveroo organisation - we’re only just getting started!
The Operations Project Manager will be responsible for making data-driven diagnoses for improvement opportunities across site operations, compliance and people related topics (E.g. Pick Speed, Order Accuracy, Wastage, Shrink, Compliance, Absence Management), making recommendations, and driving and tracking improvements over time.
This individual will be responsible for the end-to-end management of a variety of projects with the aim of ensuring operational excellence and continuous improvements to our site operational, compliance and people processes.
This individual will need to be comfortable working with agility at pace, often in the grey, dealing with changing priorities or direction with a laser focus attention to detail. This individual must be able to work independently, with confidence and ownership to keep their respective projects progressing in a state of continuous improvement.
This individual will be in regular communication with senior stakeholders, as well as the involved parties in new or reviewed processes. This will entail keeping all related and involved parties up to date on the progress of projects at all stages. This will also involve presenting to senior colleagues, writing project briefs and proposals, developing procedural documents and supporting training materials, and influencing colleagues across multiple departments to ensure buy in and implementation of projects.
- Determine and define project scope, proactively monitor and manage project progress, and ensure appropriate course correction where needed
- Determine objectives and success measures for each project and ensure a close level of supervision throughout the project lifecycle
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan, ensuring this document remains up to date with changes of priority, focus, stakeholders or timeframes
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders across the business (site operations teams, supply chain, local markets, tech, marketing etc.) to ensure an aligned approach across project teams, and rapidly unblock issues where they arise
- Work cross functionally across multiple departments, markets and teams to develop and roll out relevant process
- Manage multiple projects at once, prioritising effectively across competing issues
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Communicate clearly and succinctly in surfacing key issues, dependencies and potential timeline risks to senior stakeholders (e.g. tech delays, contracting issues with a potential new partner etc.)
- Optimise our processes to ensure we learn from every project, and get faster and more streamlined every time
- Measure project success and tangible impact to identify ongoing areas for improvement and ensure ongoing continuous operational improvement
- 3+ years of relevant experience in project management, consultancy or relevant industry role
- Experience leading cross-functional projects and working cross-departmentally
- Experience working independently to personally drive projects forward from initial scoping, through to completion, and post implementation wash up
- Experience analysing, working with and extracting key information from large amounts of data, in particular experience working with data models
- Experience developing and working with procedural operational documents. Specifically, standard operating procedures and operating models
- Experience leading strategy-based projects to identify, clarify and resolve complex issues to deliver strategic and operating success
- Excellent presentation, communication, personal organisation and project planning skills
- Ability to run multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise own work to deliver maximum impact and meet deadlines
- Ability to work at pace in an evolving and changing environment
- Agile working practices and a high level of attention to detail
- Able to influence and manage challenging stakeholders with competing priorities
- Proficiency in G-Suite and Microsoft Office - In particular, high levels of proficiency with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets, and Microsoft Powerpoint or Google Slides
- Experience in logistics, retail and/ or grocery is not required but is preferable
- Project management qualifications are not required but are preferred (For example, Lean 6 Sigma, PMP or similar)
- Note: This role is UK based but may require some travel
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.