People Services Representative, HR
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Our People Services Representatives play a key role in our People Operations Team and support the business and employees on all things People related.
We are looking for individuals who ideally have HR experience within very fast-paced (retail/food/tech) industries, and who are searching for the opportunity to join a high performing Global team in a scaling technology business.
The role will never be the same day to day, there's a huge amount of variety and as the team is growing rapidly, there will be fast turnarounds and new initiatives to add your personal touch to. You'll gain exposure to every aspect of the People function across the business and will interface with our recruitment, HR business partners, policy leads, and compensation and benefits teams on a regular basis during the delivery of your role but also on cross functional projects too.
You will love administration, be solution focused, enjoy working as a team and have a willingness to get in and get stuff done!
What you'll be doing:
- Manage and maintain our HR systems ensuring we have accurate information at our fingertips.
- Assist with the tasks leading up to the monthly and biweekly payroll cut-offs.
- Actioning employee onboarding, offboarding and contractual changes.
- Provide HR administration support and advice to employees and managers.
- Explain policies and processes in a clear and effective manner
- Review processes and implement changes - always challenging the status quo to provide a world-class people function.
As an ideal candidate, you’ll have an eye for detail, a knack for problem-solving, and a willingness to learn.
- Experience in a similar position, preferably in a fast-paced changing environment
- Driven, hard-working and proactive individual.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite would be beneficial.
- Ability to maintain employee confidentiality
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-starter work environment and able to meet deadlines
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and continuously changing priorities
- Knowledge of Workday HCM is preferred but not required
- Perseverance and grit – you’re a hustler and you’re not afraid
- Competitiveness – you’ll be working within a highly efficient team who like to win (as individuals and together)
- Curiosity – you’re a lifelong learner who is always striving to be outside of your comfort zone and test new ideas
- Top-notch people skills
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.