Warehouse Associate, Cambridge
Job Type: Full time
Location: Cambridge, onsite
Pay: £11 per hour paid in weekly arrears, overtime available
Hours: Full Time (30 per week)
About Deliveroo Hop
We are on a mission to be the definitive food company and we launched Deliveroo Hop September 2021 as Deliveroo's speedy grocery delivery service. Whether it is your weekly shop or the forgotten milk, Deliveroo Hop will come to your rescue delivering your essentials in as little as 20 minutes. Now, you don't need to worry about that morning coffee you most desperately need, Hop has you covered.
We have partnered with leading supermarkets such as Morrisons so you can get the freshest, tastiest food and all of your must-haves right to your front door.
If you don't have the exact experience to join us in our dark stores, that's okay, we're looking for people to become part of Roo and who are eager to make a difference. Deliveroo is committed to training our staff and helping you build your career.
Read on for more details about the Warehouse Associate and apply now.
About the role
Our Warehouse Associates are the beating heart of our daily site operations. You will work with your management team to ensure that our loyal customers get what they want, when they need it and ensure the smooth running of our Hop sites.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Pick customers orders allowing our Deliveroo customers to receive their essentials as quickly as possible
- Ensure all goods delivered are of the freshest and tastiest quality
- Communicate with our riders to ensure our customers receive their deliveries promptly
- Support with the delivery of new products every day into our stores
- Support with inventory management
- Ensure the warehouse remains clean and tidy, keeping it safe for our employees
Who we are looking for
- You radiate positivity
- You are driven and enjoy learning new things
- You are a team player; punctual, supportive and empathetic
- You always go above and beyond, and you're looking to progress in your career
- You are LOVE working with a fantastic team
- You enjoy making recommendations on how to improve daily tasks
What to expect from the interview process
- Step 1: apply for any role you'd like to be considered for - we'd love to hear from you.
- Step 2: we'll send you out an online assessment which needs to be completed before we progress you further. (All instructions will be sent to your email address so please ensure you check your junk folder too!)
- Step 3: if you are successful with the assessment, one of our recruitment team will be in touch to say hello and understand more about your experience
- Step 4: if we decide to progress your application, you will be invited to an interview with one of our Hop hiring managers
Step 5: We'll come back to you quickly after your interview to let you know the outcome!
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Deliveroo Plus subscription which gives you access to exclusive offers and free delivery on selected orders.
- Access to discounts in other companies via our benefits portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Company paid team meals and nights out
- Online learning courses delivered by global universities
- Clear career development path
- Lots of growth opportunities and on site training. This position can transition into a Warehouse Supervisor, Warehouse Assistant Managers and Warehouse Manager.
- Wide range of additional benefits including discounted gym subscription, wellbeing and pension contributions
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer multiple great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an exciting space.