Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including growth in our Hop, Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
Deliveroo Hop launched in September 2021 and is Deliveroo's speedy grocery delivery service. Our mission is to deliver groceries to customers around the world in as little as 10 minutes - from the weekly shop, to a last minute dinner party or a late night snack. Working with trusted grocers, Deliveroo Hop promises to bring customers the very best products at lightning speed
More about the role
Our Warehouse Associates are the beating heart of our daily site operations. You will work with your management team to maximise customer satisfaction and ensure the smooth running of our Hop sites. Your responsibilities will include:
- Pick orders accurately to meet targets
- Ensuring all goods delivered are of the freshest quality
- Communicate with our riders to ensure our customers receive their deliveries promptly
- Help with incoming delivery management
- Unloading delivery wagons and taking time to ensure accuracy of product locations and date rotation
- Support with inventory management
- Ensure Warehouse remains clean and tidy at all time and any hazards are dealt with urgently
What is required of a Warehouse Associate with Deliveroo Hop
- Previous experience in a similar environment is valued but not required (Grocery/Retail/Warehouse/Last mile delivery is a big pluss)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in both written and spoken English
What you'll receive
- Guaranteed 30 hours minimum per week (Full time) and 15 hours per week (part time)
- Weekly payroll
- Lots of growth opportunities and on site training. This position can transition into a Warehouse Supervisor, Warehouse Assistant Managers and Warehouse Manager
- Wide range of additional benefits including discounted gym subscription, wellbeing and pension contributions
What to expect from the interview process
- Step 1: apply for any role you'd like to be considered for - we'd love to hear from you!
- Step 2: we'll send you out an online assessment which needs to be completed before we progress you further. (All instructions will be sent to your email so please ensure you check your junk folder)
- Step 3: if you are successful with the assessment, our recruitment team will be in touch to say hello and understand more about your experience
- Step 4: if we decide to progress your application, you will be invited to an interview with one of our Hop hiring managers
- Step 5: We'll come back to you quickly after your interview to let you know the outcome
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer many great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.