Head of Technology Procurement
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Head of Tech Procurement
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 10 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 10 years and we operate in 11 countries with nearly 200,000 riders who deliver 300 million orders from more than 150,000 restaurants.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three-sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is online. Contrast that with the digital change of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will produce lies ahead of us.
This is an important leadership role working within a developing Procurement organisation, focusing on an exciting category that is important to the success and also a rare opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest growing tech start-ups at a very exciting stage. Reporting to the Head of Procurement, Your role will to head up Tech Procurement with a responsibility for Business Partnering with the leaders of Deliveroo Tech and manage a high profile external spend that is important to our success plans. We will look for you to bring expertise to the Tech supply base, shape the category, create appropriate relationships with important suppliers and act as a 'important friend' with our Tech colleagues.
What do you need to bring to the table?
- Degree qualified, MCIPS Qualification is desirable, but not essential
- 10+ years of procurement experience, which includes at least three years of building teams
- 5+ years of Technology / IT category management experience.
- Experience in the procurement of applications, infrastructure, tech consultancy services, hardware, software, SAAS, networks and managed services.
- Experienced in contributing to and developing procurement organisation strategy and approach. Experienced at working in (or with) startups or tech companies, with global procurement exposure.
- Support the business and the team with procurement solutions
- Be an enabler to the business
- Can interpret complex data from multiple sources and at pace
- Negotiation ability and able to find creative solutions to saving money but achieve top quality partnerships
- Work with multiple partners and 3rd parties
- Be able to manage risk and prioritise
What you'll do
This role is based in our London HQ, however it is a global role which would involve many procurement responsibilities including :
- Lead the Tech Procurement team in driving cost, quality, supply and sustainability improvements through strategic sourcing activities, including supplier relationship management, vendor consolidation and purchase compliance across the group
- Develop the procurement strategy for the Group
- Best value partnerships with suppliers, contributing to the assessment and delivery of savings targets and other Goals
- Develop a lean Tech procurement team
- Work with the finance and legal teams to build and implement a quality procurement process aligned with the Group's Measurements
- Oversee the development of important, strategic relationships and own some of the most valuable negotiations with suppliers
- Assist the continuous improvement of the procure to pay process, including systems assessment and improvement
- Influence and building relationships across the business, ensuring the team can become the trusted procurement advisor to exec and senior management.
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo, we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer many benefits including: health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away, relocation and equity (depending on level of role)
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander.