Operations Strategy Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The UKI Operations Strategy team is responsible for low-frequency, high-impact project work pertaining to all elements of Operations within the UK and Ireland. The team's work is cross-functional and collaborative at its core. Reporting into the Head of Operations Strategy the Operations Strategy Manager is a major contributor to the output of the team. Working with the team, you will drive strategic projects while supporting our Planning & Analytics, Content & Engagement and Growth & Grocery Operations teams with project work. You and the team will be based in the London office (hybrid working model).
What you'll do
- Work on impactful one-off projects. You'll use strategic thought and data analysis to identify operational opportunities and challenges and develop practical solutions and work to implement them.
- Contribute to 2025 strategy, identifying key opportunities and challenges for UKI Operations.
- Scope and deliver recommendations for projects for 2023
- Support product prioritisation process through identification of key needs across Operations and build of supporting business cases
- Improve service levels across Operations departments by increasing performance gains
- Find areas for improvement, help seek the best solution, and implement efficiently
- Reduce costs for the business through assessment of current processes and ways of working to identify inefficiencies
- Build relationships across the business that allow you to remove barriers for the team and influence and collaborate where needed to produce results, prioritise and avoid duplication (Product, Global Ops, Consumer, Finance etc.)
- Support 'Chief of Staff' functions including; delivery of MBRs, weekly performance updates and tracking of objectives and goals (OGSM)
- Keep the team informed of key trends in the marketplace and regulatory changes and how they could affect our operational performance
Some examples of recent projects our team have delivered include:
- Analyse performance of an e-bike partnership trial in a major city
- Project managing cost saving projects across operations
- Deliver 2023 strategy papers to improve operational performance
- Root cause analysis of operational anomalies, coming up with solutions that cut across product and commercial and driving those recommendations to be implemented cross-functionally
- Competitor fee analysis and reporting
- Analytical and strategic - able to 'think big' and execute 'on-the-fly' through understanding the dynamics of our business. Comfortable with data and analysing using tools such as Looker or Tableau and using this to create a strategy
- Project management skills - experience managing multiple projects and stakeholders in a structured and logical way. Always deliver the right work at the right time
- Drive for results - Deliver on unstructured work whilst identifying opportunities for impact and address them
- Comfortable with ambiguity - our team works on a variety of topics so you will pick up things quickly and enjoy working in a fast pace and collaborative workplace.
- Stakeholder management & communication - communicate upwards and downwards, making even the most complex information clear.
- Inquisitive and innovative - curious, thoughtful and happy to question the status-quo. Keep pushing for further improvements
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We're a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space